Henkel's new Terotex Aqua solvent-free protective coatings are odourless and environment-friendly, helping to return bodywork to OEM standards.
Henkel demonstrator, Mathew Pascoe observes that occupational health and safety and worker comfort make Terotex Aqua very appealing to body shops.
While new to Australia, Terotex Aqua underbody coatings, stone chip coatings and corrosion inhibitors are already used by many of the world's leading car makers.
According to Mr Pascoe, in addition to eliminating the need for PPE, Terotex Aqua gets rid of the solvent smell and prevents skin irritations caused by exposure to solvents. Apart from the comfort factor, these solvent-free coatings are also good for the environment, especially in sensitive residential areas.
Terotex Aqua stone chip coating is used for abrasion resistant coatings and noise dampening. Benefits include easy handling and low shrinkage, which is great for large surfaces.
Terotex Aqua waterborne protective coatings are also time savers, as the spray equipment can be washed out with water.
Key features of Terotex Aqua solvent-free protective coatings:
- Stone chip and corrosion coatings can be tinted, enabling two jobs to be completed at once
- Faster turnaround in repairs
- Quick underbody coating allows drive-away time of about three hours
- Underbody coating offers improved ‘cold resistance’, having passed the cold bending test at -25°C without cracking
- Non-reactive corrosion inhibitor can be left in the pressure gun for a few days
- Stone chip coating offers five times more abrasion resistance than solvent-based coatings
- Stone chip coating compatible with metal and PVC panel surfaces plus PP and EPDM using Terokal 150 plastic primer