KF type up to 63 A main switches and switch disconnectors have at their core, the rotary contact system incorporated in a new type of modular contact block, allowing high mechanical life expectancy and precise and reliable contact making.
The position of the latching mechanism is more or less unlimited with the modular design allowing for future expansion of the line with different terminal or contact technology such as cage clamps, or knife contacts for DC applications.
The same modules can be used for panel mounting, lateral drive and base mounting, minimising the need for high inventory levels and increasing cost savings.
Key features of KF type main switches and switch disconnectors:
- 1-6 pole On-Off switches delivered as preassembled units from the factory
- Precisely working cam-operated auxiliary contacts can be added in the field
- Coupling profile determines pre-closing function of switched 4th pole
- Rotating contact movement (instead of classical vertical lifting) allows:
- Big contact gaps
- High mechanical life expectancy
- Very precise movement sequence
- Self-cleaning contacts
- Forced opening and closing of contacts
- Compact, shallow design
- Up to 1000V insulation voltage according to IEC possible
- Design allows a big variation of terminal markings
- Removal from DIN rail can be done without tool change