Kraus & Naimer’s KF series of thermal current switch disconnectors, available from Australian Solenoid , is described as the flexible disconnect range in their class.
Important features for the thermal current switch range include:
- Rotating contact movement (instead of classical vertical lifting), in a new type of modular contact block
- Highly modular system allows flexibility
- High mechanical life expectancy
The innovative switch disconnector modular system is both simple and safe while offering enormous flexibility.
All available switch modules can be combined, exchanged or added in the field, as can the precisely working cam-operated auxiliary contacts (in preparation).
The position of the various switch modules in relation to each other can be defined by the user or, if preferred, preassembled in the factory.
- Coupling profile determines pre-closing function of switched fourth pole, i.e. contact modules per se are always the same
- Rotating contact movement (instead of classical vertical lifting) allows big contact gaps, high mechanical life expectancy, precise movement sequence, self-cleaning contacts and forced opening and closing of contacts
- Compact (shallow) design
- Up to 1000V insulation voltage according to IEC possible
- Lateral drive possible (latching module not in the centre but on left or right hand side)
- Visible contacts (windows) available on request
- Design allows a big variation of terminal markings
- Removal from DIN rail can be done without tool change (screw driver for cross-recessed screws sufficient)