Korvest Galvanisers enumerates the top benefits of hot dip galvanising in protecting steel and ensuring a long service life.
Galvanised steel has a strong protective coating of zinc with a metallurgical bond, safeguarding the steel against corrosion and ensuring a long service life.
Top 10 measureable benefits for hot dip galvanising:
1. Lower costs: Hot dip galvanising has a lower initial cost as well as lower long term cost compared to conventional and commonly specified corrosion protection coatings for steel.
2. Extremely long life: Galvanised coatings on steel can last in excess of 50 years, continually protecting steel against corrosive elements.
3. Less maintenance required: Hot dip galvanised coatings are self-maintaining and thicker, lasting longer than other options and saving money with lower maintenance requirement.
4. Reliability: Hot dip galvanising is carried out to meet the AS4680:2006 standard, which requires minimum coating thicknesses to be achieved, ensuring reliable and predictable coating life and performance.
5. Tougher coating: AS4680 coatings are not only generally thicker, but also form a metallurgical bond with the steel, giving them excellent resistance to any physical damage.
6. Automatic protection for any damaged areas: Galvanised coatings provide sacrificial protection to the steel; unlike other coatings, small damaged areas in galvanised coatings do not need touching up.
7. Complete protection: Hot dip galvanising ensures all parts of the fabricated component are coated, guaranteeing corrosion protection even on sharp corners, recesses, or any inaccessible area.
8. Ease of inspection: A visual inspection is usually sufficient to check whether the galvanised coating has been done properly.
9. Faster installation: Any steel product that has been hot dip galvanised by Korvest Galvanisers is ready for the next step in the construction stage.
10. Quick application: Korvest Galvanisers ensures fast turnaround times for hot dip galvanising.