Korenix has released a high performance 4-port RS232/422/485 redundant serial device server. JetPort 5604 series is a 4-port Serial to Redundant Ethernet Device Server, each serial port supporting 3-in-1 RS232/422/485 serial interfaces.
JetPort 5604i provides 4 RS422/485 serial interfaces with 2KV optical isolation protection. You can use one IP address, dual redundant paths to control maximum 4 serial devices over the Ethernet. The data throughtput can be also reached to high performance 460.8 Kbps for each serial port. You can configure the devices as Virtual COM, TCP Server, TCP Client, or UDP modes.
The JetPort 5604 series also equipped with 2 types of redundant power inputs, 4 digital inputs and 2 digital outputs. The JetPort 5604 series can be configured by JetPort Commander, the easy-to-use Windows utility which supports device discovery, device configuration, multiple device setup wizard and monitoring, and the HTTPS and SSH for high secured management. The Notification includes the Email alert, System log, SNMP traps and Digital Output for pre-defined events.
The applications can be suitable for remote gas pump controls in gas station, control and monitor field sensors network in industrial automation, automatic warehouse control systems, remote and distributed serial device control systems.
4 serial interfaces can be configured for different mode
The JetPort 5604 has 4 ports 3-in-1 RS232/422/485 serial ports. JetPort 5604i provides 4 RS422/485 serial interfaces with 2KV isolation protection. All of the ports can be configured with different serial interface types, like RS232, RS422, 2-wire RS485 or 4-wire RS485. Each of the port also can be configured with different service modes. You can configure serial port-#1 to Virtual COM mode, serial port-#2 to TCP server, serial port-#3 to TCP client and serial port-#4 to UDP mode. All of the serial ports have their own settings and can work well at the same time.
Equipped Digital I/O Controls to remotely supervise and configure industrial applications
The JetPort 5604 system can use the 4 digital inputs, 2 digital outputs to determine the state of limit or safety switches or to receive remote digital signals from connected device in the industrial fields. JetPort 5604 allows users to connect the termination units’ 5V TTL digital input/output. JetPort also provides one data port for user to program DI/O via get and set commands.
High voltage 2KV optical isolation protection
JetPort 5604i equipped with 2KV optical isolation protection and 15KV ESD surge protection of serial interfaces. Optical isolation solves the problem of ground looping which can severely garble communications, by effectively lifting the connection between the serial data line and ground at either end of the serial networking line.
Major features of JetPort 5604/5604i 4-port RS232/422/485 Redundant Serial Device Server
- 4-port RS232, RS422, RS485 to Redundant Ethernet network (JetPort 5604)
- 4-port RS422, RS485 with isolation to Redundant Ethernet network (JetPort 5604i)
- RTTD, Redundant to the Device. Redundant Dual Ethernet Ports, Auto-Recovery in less than 200ms
- Redundant Power Inputs by 12-48VDC Terminal Block and DC Jack.
- 4 x 5V/TTL Digital Inputs and 2 x 5V/TTL Digital Outputs
- High Secured Management by HTTPS and SSH
- JetPort Commander, Smart Windows Utility for Device Discovery, Multiple Device Setup Wizards and Device Monitoring
- High Voltage 2KV Optical Isolation Protection for the connections to serial ports (JetPort 5604i)
- Up to 5 Simultaneous Virtual COM, TCP Server/Client/Tunnel and UDP Connections
- Event Notification by System log, Email, SNMP trap, and Digital Output
- Embedded beeper for easy locating connected device
- Virtual COM Driver for Windows 2000/XP/2003
Product Availability: JetPort 5604/5604i series will be available by March 2007