Korenix Technology announces the release of Modbus TCP/IP in the new v1.3 firmware of JetNet 4518/ 5012G/ 5018G, its high-port density Ethernet switches for integration in factory automation systems.
In addition to making the Ethernet switches more compatible when building factory network infrastructures, the new Modbus TCP also opens up more possibilities for network connectivity in plants and easier network maintenance.
By combining Modbus to their intelligent management and security features in addition to the rugged design, the switches offer superior solutions for optimising factory automation and various industrialised network system deployments.
The newly supported Modbus TCP registers allow users to connect to data acquisition systems, such as HMIs and SCADA systems more easily, aiming to read their operating information using the supported Modbus TCP/IP master program.
With the new feature, factory administration personnel do not need to use additional management platforms to monitor equipment in the factory: with an integrated Modbus they can increase the compatibility of the switch in factories and other industrial applications while greatly saving costs.
Korenix offers JetNet 4518-w/ 5012G/ 5018G industrial high-port density gigabit and fast Ethernet switches with various port combinations to best meet the user’s connection needs.
The JetNet 5012G has a unique design that integrates 8 Fast Ethernet and 4 Gigabit, including 2 Gigabit SFP and 2 Gigabit RJ45/SFP combo ports for easy installation in applications with various distance and speed requirements.
The JetNet 4518-w and JetNet 5018G models are 16-port Fast Ethernet switches with additional 2 SFP Combo and 2 Gigabit SFP Combo ports for high-port density requiring networks with longer distance uplink data transmission.
Key features of the Ethernet switches:
- Designed with advanced management, security and redundancy features
- MSTP and MSR provided for highly scalable and redundant networking
- JetView Pro and LLDP for efficient network management via auto topology visualisation
- QoS, IGMP snooping, Private VLAN, SNMP and Layer 2+ Access Control List (ACL) for enhanced security networking
- UL 508 hazardous and IEC 61000-6-2/4 heavy industry certified
- Robust design with IP 31 grade protection and high level EMS immunity to work effectively in industrial applications
- JetNet 5012G/5018G models provided with -25~70ºC operating temperature to work under extreme temperature conditions
- Wide operating temperature models include JetNet 5012G-w/5018G-w models (-40~70ºC) and JetNet 4518-w (-40~75ºC)
Korenix models with Modbus TCP support:
- JetNet 4508 V2: 8-port Managed Fast Ethernet Switch
- JetNet 4508f V2: 8-port Managed Fast Ethernet Fibre Switch
- JetNet 4510: 10-port Managed Fast Ethernet Switch
- JetNet 5010G: 10-port Managed Gigabit Switch
- JetNet 5628G: IEC61850-3 24+4G Modular Managed Ethernet Switch
- JetNet 5828G: IEC61850-3 24+4G Layer 3 Modular Managed Ethernet Switch