Korenix launched JetPort 5801 1-port RS-232/422/485 wireless serial device server. Jetport 5801 is a one port RS-232/422/485 to wireless serial device server.
The Wireless LAN solution is
- 802.11b/g with up to 54Mbps
- Give you an easy way and high bandwidth connection to the hard-to-wire serial devices
- Ease your network cabling problem in the field
- Protect your serial data transmission with 128 bit WEP over the wireless LAN and avoid the unauthorized access or hack
- The JetPort 5801 can be configured by JetPort commander
- Users can manage the wired and wireless JetPort without installing additional software.
Ease Cabling by 802.11b/g Wireless LAN:
In industrial networking, administrators often encounter wiring problem with serial devices. The JetPort 5801 wireless device server is designed to connect the hard-to-wire serial devices.
A moving network object, for instance bus, does not always stay at a fixed location; thus, wiring the bus to headquarter is simply impossible. Korenix JetPort 5801 is a manageable port and secured wireless for applications where wired networking is ineligible.
JetPort 5801 chooses the 802.11b/g solution for the wireless LAN connection; the speed of the WLAN is up to 54Mbps, and the external antenna can expand the range of wireless LAN.
Encrypted data transmission with 128-bit WEP:
Wired LAN is protected by the physical media for their infrastructure; the unauthorized access can be easily identified.
Wireless LAN, which is over radio waves, does not have the same physical media protection and is difficult to avoid the illegal access.
Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP), is designed to provide the same level of security as that of a wired LAN.
WEP aims to provide security by encrypting data over radio waves so that the serial data is protected from JetPort 5801 to the Access Point (AP) or another end station.
JetPort commander compatibility:
For most wireless product, users need to install additional tool to configure the settings, monitor the status, mapping the VCOM, TCP/UDP modes.
With JetPort Commander, you do not need the additional tool; you can broadcast search the JetPort 5801, browsing available AP, configuring SSID, monitoring link quality and status etc. You can also easily group manage Korenix’s wired and wireless JetPort serial device servers at the same time.
JetPort 5801 1-port RS-232/422/485 wireless serial device server:
- One-port RS-232/422/485 to 802.11b/g (up to 54Mbps) wireless network
- Encrypted data transmission with 128-bit WEP
- External antenna can expand the range of WLAN
- Dual Power Input by 12~48VDC terminal block and power jack
- JetPort commander, windows utility for device discovery, multiple device setting and monitoring
- Versatile serial application: Virtual Com, serial tunnel, TCP server, TCP client, UDP
- Embedded beeper for positioning
- Virtual COM driver for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista