Korenix Technology extends the IEC 61850-3 substation-rated switches series with the addition of the new JetNet 5828G 24+4G port modular managed switches.
The JetNet 5828G modular managed switches come with complete Layer3 IP Unicast routing features specifically designed to provide enhanced group management of large scale networks in power substations and electrical utilities.
Featuring the same design as the JetNet 5628G series Layer 2 switches, JetNet 5828G 24+4G port modular managed switches support 3 modular slots, which provide different copper and fibre port combinations for more flexibility in deploying the devices in industrial applications.
The feature-packed Layer 3 switches are excellent, high performance solutions for intelligent data connectivity in substation networks as well as for facility management and traffic control systems.
Key features of JetNet 5828G 24+4G port modular managed switches:
- Approved to IEC61850-3/ IEEE1613 substation as well as NEMA-TS1/TS2 traffic and EN 50121-4 railway control standards
- Data transmission reliability is ensured through Korenix patented MSR ring redundancy and MSTP network redundancy protocols
- Enables users to have non-stop data flow in different network infrastructures
- Ruggedised fanless design
- -40ºC~85ºC operating temperature range
- Excellent network connectivity and data streaming quality
- Flexible data extension via 3 modular slots and high-port density design
- 24+4G Layer3 routing and switching performance
- Enhanced Layer 3 functionality and VRRP (Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol)
- Supports IP route functionality including static route, dynamic unicast routing protocol, RIP V1/V2, OSFP V1/V2 and MRoute for multicast routing
- VRRP protocol allows the hosts to continuously direct traffic to the default gateway without default gateway configuration change
- Supports LLDP and the Korenix patented JetView Pro NMS auto-topology visualisation software for efficient network management
- Provides QoS, VLAN, Private VLAN and QinQ, IGMP snooping, DHCP Option82 and SNMPv3 for improved network security and data transmission quality
- Supports various power input types including 90~264VAC plus 24V/48VDC or dual AC models for flexible use in field power constructions