Kontron Australia announces the launch of three new embedded motherboards in the ATX and Flex-ATX form factors featuring the 2nd generation Intel Core i3/i5/i7 desktop and mobile processors.
The addition of the three new motherboards, Kontron Flex-ATX embedded motherboard KTQM67/Flex and the Kontron ATX embedded motherboards KTQM67/ATX and KTQ67/ATX, completes Kontron’s family of embedded motherboards based on the Intel 67 Express chipset that are now scalable from the compact Mini-ITX up to the full-fledged ATX form factor with more extension slots.
Offering best-in-class quad core processors with increased performance and double the graphics performance of previous generations, the new Kontron rugged motherboards outperform conventional motherboards developed for the consumer market, thanks to their 7-year long-term availability and a generous selection of graphics, communication and extension interfaces.
Equipped with a highly flexible and configurable feature connector, all three embedded motherboards can be adapted to individual I/O requirements simply and efficiently via the onboard embedded microcontroller. Up to 160 GPIO are supported including analogue-to-digital converter (ADC) and digital-to-analogue converter (DAC).
The three new embedded motherboards additionally offer the cross-platform Kontron Embedded Application Programming Interface (KEAPI) middleware, speeding up application development and reducing time-to-market and total cost of ownership.
The integrated Intel Turbo Boost technology 2.0 and Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel AVX) in the motherboards help customer applications benefit from faster floating point operations and vectorial calculations with reduced power consumption, making them ideal for image processing in industrial automation, medical and military applications.
The integrated Intel HD graphics enable the new motherboards to offer 2D and 3D graphics performance with DirectX10.1 and OpenGL 3.0 support on-board at the level of dedicated graphics cards, saving space and costs while ensuring stable long-term availability with the Intel embedded roadmap.
Key features of the new embedded motherboards:
- Kontron KTQM/67Flex and KTQM/67ATXP based on Mobile Intel QM67 Express chipset achieve high energy efficiency
- Video connections include 2x DisplayPort and 1x DVI
- 1x PCI Express x16, 1 PCI Express x1 and up to 6 PCI slots accommodate expansion cards
- Kontron KTQ67/ATXE with Intel Q67 Controller Hub is ideal for embedded applications requiring leading-edge computing power and expansion ports
- 2x DisplayPort as well as 1x VGA and LVDS (optional) with expansion slots including 1x PCI Express x4 and 5 PCI slots
- 14x USB 2.0 and 3xGbE-LAN with Intel AMT 7.0 support allow extensive peripheral and networking options in all boards
- Intel AMT 7.0 enables simplified maintenance, higher system availability and lower overall costs
- 6x SATA interfaces with RAID 0/1/5/10 functionality and the mSATA (mini-SATA) socket for state-of-the-art on-board SSD
- HD audio and a Trusted Platform Module 1.2 for safety-related applications
- Supplied with comprehensive Board Support Packages for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Embedded Standard 7, VxWorks as well as Linux distributions