Now available from Kontron is the new Kontron embedded Box-PC MICROSPACE MPC-pONE. The new box PC is a fanless application ready platform.
Features of the new, cost effective box PCs include:
- fanless and robust design,
- extremely compact - 122 mm x 99 mm x 53 mm,
- long life Intel Atom Z5xx processors,
- Intel USW15W controller hub,
- completely sealed aluminum housing suitable for constant 24/7 operation,
- MTBF > 100,000 hours,
- optional mounting kit,
- integrated DVI connector for video signals with a resolution of up to 1920 x 1080,
- Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45),
- two USB 2.0 ports,
- up to 2 GByte system memory.
The aluminum housing of the box PCs provides sufficient space to integrate an optional 40 GB SSD or 500 GB 2.5" hard disk for maintenance free designs. There is also the option for the system to be booted via an integrated MicroSD slot, ideal for system designs with no moving parts that need to be both vibration and shock proof.
These new box PCs also offer the advantage that they are available as an off-the-shelf application ready platform and can be ordered as a pre configured platform complete with OS licenses and with customer specific designs modifications.
Examples of applications that these box PCs are suitable for include:
- industrial automation,
- kiosk systems,
- customer terminals,
- POI/POS systems,
- information terminals.