Kontron Australia announces the introduction of its new powerful 10 Gigabit Ethernet rackmount switches featuring up to 32 ports.
Based on the Kontron 10 Gigabit Ethernet CompactPCI switch, CP6930, the Kontron CP6930-RM switches provide a ready-to-run rack mounted unit including redundant AC or DC power options.
Hardened to meet high shock, vibration, EMI and extended temperature ranges, the Kontron CP6930-RM rackmount switches come with multiple configuration options including SFP+, SFP, RJ45 and M12 connectors.
These options allow the use of Kontron 10 Gigabit Ethernet rackmount switches in different market segments from industrial environments to military and aerospace applications.
Product manager Reiner Grübmeyer comments that the Kontron CP6930-RM 10 Gigabit Ethernet rackmount switch targets applications that need robust and reliable designs for 10 Gigabit Ethernet and 1 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity.
A rich feature set of L2 and L3 functions such as IP forwarding, L2 and L3 multicast, Quality of Service and VLANs has been extended by Kontron to facilitate common management and configuration tasks in embedded and rugged environments, including reliable software updates in the field, replication of configurations over multiple devices, dual boot images with roll-back capabilities and write protection of internal memory.
Key features of Kontron CP6930-RM rackmount switches:
- Non-blocking, fully managed L2/L3 10 Gigabit Ethernet switch provides up to six 10GbE ports and up to 26 1GbE ports
- Up to six 10GbE ports are directly accessible on the front via SFP+, plus 2 1GbE ports over SFP
- Kontron CP6930-RM-24 variant is pre-configured with Front Interface Modules for additional 12 1GbE ports over RJ45
- M12 connectors available for extremely demanding environments on request
- Compliant with Kontron family of managed switches allowing system designers to minimise development time and TCO
- Management access is provided over serial interface over the network
- Supports advanced monitoring over SNMP
- 19-inch rack mounted unit including AC or DC power supply
- Designed to ANSI/VITA 47-2005, IEC 60068-2-6, IEC 60068-2-27, IEC 60068-2-29, EN 60950-1 and UL60950-1
- Temperature range of 0ºC to +55ºC