Kontron Australia announces the release of two new embedded motherboards built on the 2nd generation Intel Core i3/i5/i7 processors to offer best-in-class performance.
The new Kontron Flex-ATX embedded motherboard KTQ67/Flex and the Kontron Mini-ITX embedded motherboard KTQM67/mITX are high-quality and rugged boards incorporating quad core processors to offer increased processor performance and double the graphics performance of predecessor platforms.
Kontron’s high performing ATX-compliant embedded designs offer long-term availability.
The Kontron Mini-ITX and Flex-ATX embedded motherboards simplify the design-in process with their extensive range of interfaces that include all required standard interfaces for a broad range of computing-intensive and graphics-intensive applications.
Additionally, they support Kontron’s cross-platform Kontron Embedded Application Programming Interface (KEAPI) middleware, which speeds up application development significantly and reduces time-to-market as well as total cost of ownership.
The new embedded motherboards are ideal for applications requiring high I/O requirements with the implemented embedded feature connector, supporting up to 160 GPIO and analogue-to-digital converter (ADC) and digital-to-analogue converter (DAC).
The new Kontron KTQ67 embedded motherboards are ideal for nearly all embedded applications with long-term availability of seven years.
Sophisticated board layout, long-term stable solid capacitors and a high-quality selection of components are some of the Kontron features available in the motherboards.
Key features of the new Kontron embedded motherboards:
- Integrated Intel Turbo Boost technology 2.0 and Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel AVX)
- Customer applications profit from quicker floating point operations and vectorial calculations with reduced power consumption
- Integrated Intel HD graphics enable 2D and 3D graphics performance with DirectX10.1 and OpenGL 3.0 support on-board at the level of dedicated graphics cards
- Multi-screen applications with simultaneous presentation of two separate HD videos or innovative 3-D BluRay applications are possible without additional components
- High-performance digital signage applications can be implemented with several displays cost-efficiently using only one hardware platform
- Support all industry-relevant monitor standards without additional adapters or cost with 2x DisplayPort, 1x DVI or VGA and LVDS
- Suitable for imaging processes in industrial automation, medical and military applications
- Also ideal for graphics-intensive applications such as digital signage, infotainment and gaming
- Based on 2nd generation Intel Core i3/i5/i7 processors
- Broad performance range with up to 3.8 GHz and a maximum of 32 GB DDR3 RAM
- Flex-ATX motherboard integrates the Q67 Controller Hub for the design of the peripheral interfaces
- Connections for video include 2x DisplayPort, 1x VGA and LVDS
- 1x PCI Express x16 and 2x PCI slots for expansion cards
- Mini-ITX motherboard is based on the Intel QM67 Controller Hub and executes 2x DisplayPort and 1x DVI
- Expansion slots include 1x PCI Express x16 and 1x PCI Express x1
- ATX power supply and industrial 12V DC input
- 14x USB 2.0 and 3x GbE-LAN with Intel AMT 7.0 support allow extensive peripheral and networking options
- Simplified maintenance with Intel AMT 7.0 for higher system availability and lower overall costs
- Numerous storage media can be connected via the 6x SATA interfaces (4x SATA150/300 and 2x SATA600) with RAID 0/1/5/10 functionality
- mSATA (mini-SATA) socket for on-board SSD HD audio
- Trusted Platform Module 1.2 for safety-related applications
- OS support provided for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Embedded Standard 7, VxWorks as well as Linux