Kontron Australia announces the expansion of its COM Express compact form factor portfolio to now include the high-performance dual-core Intel Atom processor D525 @1.80GHz on the redesigned Kontron microETXexpress-PV.
The Kontron COM Express compact Computer-on-Module microETXexpress-PV is an ideal drop-in replacement for high-performance designs previously based on Intel Pentium M processors, delivering greater overall performance in a tight power envelope with 4 GByte DDR3 of system memory and a higher CPU frequency.
Its low overall power consumption of only 17 watts simplifies fanless designs, reducing R&D efforts for rugged and highly available applications in areas such as outdoor digital signage, medical, POS/POI terminals, and industrial automation.
The COM is also available on request, in an extended temperature range from -40ºC up to +85ºC for harsh environments often found in transportation and military applications.
The new Computer-on-Modules offer OEMs a seamless migration path to energy efficient upgrades and extended usage models, increasing both the availability and investment security of their applications.
Utilising pin-out type 2 definition, the new COM makes the most of the features supported in the second generation 1.8 GHz Intel Atom dual-core processor D525 with integrated memory controller and graphics core as well as the Intel 82801HM I/O controller.
The high performance per watt ratio and a powerful dual-core processor in the Kontron COM Express compact Computer-on-Module microETXexpress-PV allow OEMs to implement multi-core processing features such as asymmetric multiprocessing for dedicated 2-in-1 systems for hardware consolidation into cost-effective low power devices.
Key features of Kontron COM Express Computer-on-Module microETXexpress-PV:
- Supports up to 4 GByte DDR3 of system memory for memory intensive applications based on Intel Atom processors
- Provides simultaneous graphics support for maximum resolutions of 2048x1536 via VGA or WXGA (1366x768) via 18-bit single channel LVDS
- COTS solution for interface-intensive ultra low power designs with 5 configurable PCI Express lanes, as well as PCI, I²C, SPI and LPC bus
- Includes 1x Gigabit Ethernet, 8x USB 2.0, 3x SATA II as well as optional 1x PATA via the COM Express type 2 connector
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) and High-Definition Audio (HDA) also provided
- Wide range of supply voltages (8.5 V DC – 18 V DC) and MARS Smart Battery support
- Supports Windows XP, XPe, and Windows 7, as well as Linux and VxWorks