Kontron Australia announces that the new ATCA processor blade and carrier grade communication rackmount server based on future Intel Xeon processor E5 family will be showcased at the Mobile World Congress 2012.
Kontron will be exhibiting the new 10G ATCA processor blade, AT8060 and 2U carrier grade communication rack mount server, CG2200 at the Mobile World Congress 2012 from February 27 to March 1 (Hall 2.0, Booth 2A28).
The selection of the future Intel processor family will drive performance, power efficiency and cost benefits for numerous high bandwidth network applications designed by telecom equipment manufacturers (TEMs) and deployed by carriers across 4G LTE, IPTV/content delivery and carrier cloud computing networks.
Telecom, network and broadcast equipment vendors seeking new high performance system level designs will appreciate the boost in dual-socket, 8-core processing power complemented by value-added, intelligent features that include new Kontron client-controlled power management, which optimises performance within pre-set power consumption policies.
Key features of Kontron 10G ATCA processor blade AT8060:
- 16 cores across 2 sockets, AMC slot
- 6th generation Intel-based AdvancedTCA processor blade
- Accommodates an AdvancedMC slot in conjunction with a dual socket, 8-core per processor approach
- Allows further customisation by populating the blade with specialised AMCs including packet processing and storage modules
- Dual (up to) 8 core, 16T future Intel Xeon E5 processors (16C, 32T per 2S E5 system)
- Dual 8GT/s QPI interfaces between both processors for lowest PCIe and memory latency
- Up to 64GB DDR3 on 4 DIMM sockets per processor
- AMC bay with PCIe x8 Gen2 + SATA connectivity
- Kontron Dynamic Power Management via Intel Power Node Manager
- Integrated SAS and PCIe 3.0
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions, Intel Trusted Execution Technology, and Intel AES new instructions
- Rear Transition Module RTM8063 with 2 hot swap 2.5’’ SAS hard drives
- High density processing performance and optimised I/O and storage feature set with dual redundant AC or DC power options
- 20” deep ruggedised server built to meet NEBS level-3 compliance and backed by an extended lifecycle
- Dual 8 Core, 16T future Intel Xeon E5 processors (16C, 32T per 2S E5 system)
- 16 slot, 4 channel support of DDR3 RDIMM/ UDIMM; supports 256GB maximum (with 16GB DIMM)
- Optimised for PCIe IO card implementation with PCIe riser and LP card support
- Hot swap 2.5” SAS/SATA HDDs
- Hot swap, redundant fans
- Integrated BMC (iBMC) with advanced options, RMM4
- Front panel: 1 serial, 1 USB 2.0
- Rear panel: 1 serial, 4 USB 2.0, 1 management NIC port
- Quad rear GbE NIC ports (standard)