The industry-standard modular system with pre-validated software reduces development time and costs of intelligent digital signage applications, resulting in devices that are easier to install, use and maintain.
Kontron’s KOPS800 series modular digital signage solutions are based on the OPS specification created by Intel to help standardise the design and development of digital signage systems that use LCD, touch screens or projector display technologies.
As an industry-standard system solution that can be docked into any OPS-compliant display, the Kontron KOPS800 simplifies development, reduces implementation costs and speeds time-to-market of a wide variety of enhanced functionality and graphics-intensive digital signage, helping to deliver a rich user experience for information and retail systems.
Kontron’s KOPS800 series modular digital signage solutions enable companies to achieve higher customer satisfaction from users of their digital signage-based systems in terms of increased uptime provided by remote management capabilities that enable easier upgrades and scheduling of repairs.
Companies can now access actionable business data as well as provide viewers with a dynamic, media-rich experience tailored for them using the high quality of real-time information attainable from the pre-validated content creation and content management software supported by the Kontron KOPS800.
The Kontron KOPS800 is pre-validated for use with a Microsoft Windows Embedded OS (such as WES7 Pro 64-bit) and Intel Audience Impression Metric (Intel AIM Suite) technology based on Anonymous Viewer Analytics (AVA) software.
Digital signage systems employing the Kontron KOPS800 with the AIM Suite and running a content management system (CMS) can simultaneously play high-definition video while gathering valuable viewer demographics without intrusion to push custom-tailored messaging to the target audience, helping to deliver a rich, immersive user experience that can offer significant infrastructure cost savings.
According to Kevin Rhoads, Vice President, Embedded Products Business Unit, Kontron, manufacturers of digital signage applications will find the Kontron KOPS800 system an ideal solution that simplifies device installation, usage, maintenance and upgrades.
Jose Avalos, director of visual retail at Intel explains that the Open Pluggable Specification was created to help standardise the digital signage industry and enable innovative companies such as Kontron to eliminate the integration issues between the computing engine and the display.
The new solution, he adds will allow OEMs to deliver rich multimedia content while system owners can track and measure viewer response to deliver real-time, customised content and gather actionable marketing data to make informed decisions on the fly.
Key features of Kontron’s KOPS800 modular digital signage solutions:
- Kontron COMe-bSC6 provides high-end graphics and display support features
- Enables optimised and cost-effective scalability of application-specific implementations in terms of graphics and processing performance
- Offers a clear migration path that maps out upgrades for future digital signage requirements
- OPS v1.0 compliant system integrates powerful 2nd Generation Intel Core processors (up to 2x 2.7GHz)
- Based on Intel Core i7 processor architecture and Intel 6 Series HM65/QM67 chipset
- Comprehensive externally accessible I/O includes Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45, two USB 3.0 ports, HDMI connector and audio jack
- Supports OPS JAE interconnect I/O such as HDMI, DisplayPort and USB 2.0 and 3.0
- Supports Intel vPro with Intel Active Management Technology for added security
- 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi for wireless connectivity
- Up to 8GB of dual channel DDR3-1600 non-ECC system memory and 80GB mSATA HD integrated storage