Kontron Australia announces the introduction of the new Kontron COM Express compact Computer-on-Module COMe-cCT6, a new range of energy-efficient entry-level multicore modules based on next-generation Intel Atom processors with 32nm technology.
Available in three multicore performance levels up to 2x 1.86 GHz, the new module offers increased performance per watt ratio. Compared to platforms based on the second generation of Intel Atom processors, Kontron COMe-cCT6 offers twice the graphics capability, up to 28% higher processor performance and half of the processor thermal design power (TDP).
The COM Express pin-out type 6 definition enables the COMe-cCT6 module to provide these increased capabilities via a scalable interface range that offers suitable options for both cost and power sensitive applications alike.
The modules find application in digital signage, kiosk, medical, POS/POI, and industrial automation segments.
Key features of Kontron COMe-cCT6 Computer-on-Modules:
- Space-saving COM Express compact form factor of 95mm x 95mm
- Compact form factor ideal for designs requiring the full range of interfaces provided by the COM Express pin-out type 6 in a small solution
- Ready-to-use interfaces include three Digital Display Interfaces such as 2x DisplayPort, HDMI/DVI and 24 bit LVDS
- Integrated decoding hardware keeps processor load to a minimum when decoding 1080p videos
- Enhanced power management features including Intel Deeper Sleep and Intel Rapid Start Technology reduce power consumption and enable fast resume from standby mode
- Intel Smart Connect Technology allows connected usage scenarios where instant Internet connection is available on the application’s (re)activation
- Low power consumption enables simple cooling solutions even for fully sealed and rugged designs
- Equipped with 2x 1.6 GHz or 2x 1.86 GHz Intel Atom processors (N2600, N2800 and D2550) and Intel NM10 Express chipset
- Up to 4 GB of fast on-board DDR3 800/1600 system memory
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3600/3650 enables 1080p playback of MPEG4 Part 2, VC-1, WMV9 and H.264 videos with minimum processor load
- Provides HDCP support via HDMI 1.3a and DisplayPort 1.1, enabling Blu-ray playback
- OEMs can connect monitors via the common LVDS and VGA interfaces
- Intel High Definition Audio complements multimedia features
- Two SATA II 300MB/s interfaces, eight USB 2.0 ports, Gigabit Ethernet, and three PCI-Express x1 lanes for custom extensions
- Supports multiple operating systems including Wind River VxWorks 6.8, Linux, Windows XP, XPe, WEC 7 and WES 7