According to Kontron Australia , their microETXexpress Starterkit VxWorks has been selected as an Editor’s Choice Product by PC/104 and Small Form Factors Magazine.
Advantages such as speeding up development and reducing time-to-market on Computer-on-Module (COM) designs helped the editors single out the new Kontron resource tool.
The editors from PC/104 and Small Form Factors Magazine regularly evaluate innovative new products to select the Editor’s Choice award recipients.
Introduced in September 2010 based on the success and wide adoption of its nanoETXexpress Starterkits, the microETXexpress Starterkit was validated for use with Wind River VxWorks and Wind River Workbench.
The Kontron microETXexpress Starterkit VxWorks is pre-configured and assembled with a Kontron microETXexpress compact form factor module, 1GB system memory as well as a heat sink cooling solution.
Development can begin within minutes of opening the package making the process easy for all levels of users.
Chris A. Ciufo, OpenSystems Media, Group Editorial Director, Military and Aerospace Group says that the Kontron microETXexpress Starterkit VxWorks while aiding in the development of new applications gets the ball rolling on COM designs enabling companies to shorten time to market.
Dinyar Dastoor, senior director of field engineering at Wind River comments that Wind River and Kontron are enabling embedded developers to begin application development in less than one hour by leveraging an out-of-the-box hardware and software solution.
Key benefits to customers, according to Dastoor include risk mitigation associated with software integration and accelerating time to productivity.
Key features of Kontron microETXexpress Starterkit VxWorks
- Kontron microETXexpress Starterkit VxWorks includes all the necessary components pre-configured and ready to use right out-of-the-box
- Users can select a Kontron COM Express compact microETXexpress Computer-on-Module with a 1.6 GHz Intel Atom processor Z530 or N270
- Starter kit includes:
- 1GB of DDR SO-DIMM system memory
- Heat sink for low-profile cooling solutions
- Kontron ETXexpress miniBaseboard
- 12V pico power supply plus all necessary cables and accessories
- 8GB Wind River LiveUSB environment stick with Fedora Linux complete with Wind River Workbench (30-day evaluation), Wind River Tilcon Graphics Suite and VxWorks
- 2GB USB stick with preinstalled bootable VxWorks demo image and Wind River Tilcon Graphics demo applications
- Start-up guide
- Step-by-step tutorials with applicable use cases and workflows
- VxWorks licenses bundled with Kontron Computer-on-Modules are also available