Following the successful release of the Kontron nanoETXexpress starter kits in early 2010, Kontron is introducing a second tool, the Kontron microETXexpress Starterkit VxWorks validated by Wind River for design applications.
The new COM Express compact VxWorks starter kits expand Kontron’s range of evaluation platforms for real-time applications built around the COM Express form factors.
As the Kontron starter kits are validated for use under the new operating system Wind River VxWorks 6.8, they eliminate the problems that arise whenever an application is developed on the basis of a new operating system and new hardware.
There are many variables that can make the integration of hardware and software difficult, and debugging to determine even the most minor error can be a very time-consuming task.
With the pre-validated starter kits, risks for developers are minimised and time-to-market is shortened.
The Kontron microETXexpress Starterkits VxWorks are pre-configured and assembled with a Kontron microETXexpress Computer-on-Module in the newly defined COM Express compact form factor with 1GB system memory and a heatsink cooling solution.
The starter kits are available for use with either the Kontron microETXexpress-SP Computer-on-Module (Intel Atom Processor Z530 and Intel SCH US15W) or with the Kontron microETXexpress-DC (Intel Atom processor N270, Intel 945GSE and Intel ICH7M).
The small size of Kontron’s 95mm x 95mm COM Express compact modules makes them an ideal fit for appliances with strict space limitations.
Features of the Kontron real-time starter kits:
- Kontron microETXexpress Starterkits VxWorks include all the necessary components pre-configured and ready-to-use right out of the box
- Users will find a Kontron COM Express compact microETXexpress Computer-on-Module with either a 1.6 GHz Intel Atom processor Z530 or 1.6 GHz Intel Atom processor N270
- Also included in the kit: 8GB Wind River LiveUSB environment stick with Fedora Linux complete with Wind River Workbench 3.2 (30-day evaluation), the Wind River Tilcon Interface Development Tool 5.7 and VxWorks 6.8
- 2GB USB stick with a preinstalled bootable VxWorks 6.8 demo image and Wind River Tilcon Graphic demo applications
- Easy-to-use documentation and tutorial videos with sample use cases
- Option to purchase VxWorks licenses bundled with Kontron Computer-on-Modules