Kontron Australia announces the introduction of the FS3100 storage and networking server for the telecom segment.
With the new FS3100, Kontron has intelligently engineered storage, server and networking functions into a NEBS-compliant, compact 3U, 20” depth platform suitable for mission critical streaming media, lawful interception and security/ data storage applications.
Kontron FS3100 storage and networking servers combine I/O capacity, storage adaptability, network port density and processor performance on a single 3U platform.
Kontron FS3100 packs more performance and versatility into a 20-inch, 3U commercial-off-the-shelf footprint to solve many design and time-to-market issues for TEMs who need to deploy applications in space-constrained networks. Designing applications on a single Kontron FS3100, instead of multiple specialised servers dramatically accelerates design cycles and reduces the overall cost of ownership.
Designed to be telco-ready from the ground up, Kontron FS3100 storage and networking server provides superior performance and functionality to capture, process and analyse massive amounts of data across telecom Central Office and carrier cloud computing environments.
The platform is also ideal for applications including content insertion, analysis and storage for network optimisation as well as localised ad-distribution in streaming media applications.
Key features of Kontron FS3100 storage and network server:
- Supports dual socket six-core Intel Xeon Processors 5600 Series, Intel 5520 Chipset, and 12 x RDIMM/UDIMM memory slots for up to 96GB memory
- Extensive IO connectivity supports multiple PCIe slots enabling the full performance of pre- and co-processing adapters as well as multiple 10GbE, InfiniBand and network interfaces
- Multiple storage options include rotational and high performance SSD drives using 6Gb/s interfaces and several integrated and 3rd party SW/HW RAID options
- NEBS compliant, rugged 20” depth chassis design for constrained installations
- Multiple redundant and hot swap devices
- Advanced system monitoring with remote management interfaces
Kontron offers comprehensive lifecycle management and ensures the seamless migration of next generation hardware that extends the life of network applications and reduces the overall cost of ownership.
The FS3100 will be presented to equipment vendors at booth 2A28 during the Mobile World Congress 2012 in Barcelona from February 27 to March 1.