Kontron Australia announces the introduction of a new range of 4U rackmount servers designed specifically for military server applications.
KISS 4U PCI760 MIL-STD is the newest range of 4U rack mount systems introduced to the KISS server family, and is specifically designed for long-term operation in land and naval based defence applications.
Tested and certified according to the MIL-STD-810F and 461E specifications, the new server platform can be configured application-ready, ensuring efficient development and time-to-market for military applications with high demands on performance, ruggedness and reliability.
The Kontron KISS 4U PCI760 MIL-STD 4U rack mount servers have undergone the testing procedures established by MIL-STD-810F to ensure a high level of operational readiness even under harsh environmental conditions.
These testing procedures included operational readiness tests in extremely high and low temperatures (-5ºC to +60ºC operating, -25ºC to +85ºC non-operating) as well as repeated tests for shock and vibration resistance. Electro-magnetic compatibility (EMC) and electro-magnetic radiation (EMS) tests were also executed according to the MIL-STD-461E norm and test specifications.
These elaborate tests ensure that the Kontron KISS 4U PCI760 MIL-STD is ideally equipped for reliable operation in challenging military applications.
Key features of Kontron KISS 4U rackmount servers:
- Designed for continuous operation, high availability and low maintenance costs with an MTBF of 50,000 hours
- Field replaceable fans used for the housing are integrated on the front panel for easy removal and replacement during operation and maintenance
- Lockable front cover offers IP20 protection; optional IP52 protection is available against dust and damp penetration
- Power supply meets MIL-STD-810F and 461E specifications and its integration in the housing is also a space-saving feature
- Built-in Intel AMT 3.0 remote management engine enables the server to offer enhanced security, remote manageability and cost savings for the embedded computing market
- Intel AMT 3.0 allows system managers to remotely carry out tasks such as installation of a new OS or setting BIOS parameters without additional remote management hardware
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology and on-board Trusted Platform Module (TPM 1.2) ensure high confidentiality for sensitive data transmission
- Scalable processor performance ranging from 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 up to Intel Core 2 Quad processor Q9400
- 4 x 2.66 GHz cores for high parallel data processing with up to 8 GB DDR2 dual channel RAM
- 64 GB SSD data storage to host the operating system and the program data
- Up to three 3.5" SATA HDDs with 500 GB in the Kontron removable disk carrier DA135
- Media can be connected in RAID 0,1,5,10 arrays via hardware RAID controller or onboard Matrix RAID for top level data security
- Modular KISS system offers 1 x PCIe x16, 4 x PCIe x1 and 7 x PCI 32 Bit for application-specific configurations
- Two USB connections on the front panel and 2 x USB 2.0, 2 x LAN 10/100/1000, 1 x VGA und 2x RS232 on the back panel
- Supports Windows XP, Windows 7 and Linux