Kontron Australia announces the availability of the Kontron KM2M806XT, a new range of Machine-to-Machine (M2M) deployable systems designed to meet service providers’ need for solutions with integrated application-ready middleware and digital device connectivity enabling quick time-to-market.
Introduced to the company’s existing portfolio of M2M smart services embedded connected devices, Kontron’s new ready-to-deploy hardware platform matches the requirements of M2M applications that must operate in extended temperatures and industrial environments.
Supplied complete with application-ready middleware and supporting M2M digital device connectivity right out of the box, the Kontron KM2M806XT is an optimal platform designed specifically for factory and smart building automation applications.
According to Kevin Rhoads, Vice President, Embedded Products Business Unit, Kontron, the M2M solutions market demands accelerated launch schedules, which facilitate the need for simplified and deployment-ready platforms.
Delivering the elements required of smart embedded connected devices including security and manageability, Kontron’s proven, complete and ready-to-deploy platform allows service providers to simply add their application and connect securely to a digital device cloud.
The M2M platform’s modular design includes a carrier board, audio/video board, a Kontron COM Express mini Computer-on-Module (Kontron COMe-mTT10), and an optional expansion board along with an M2M software development kit from Wind River.
Key features of Kontron KM2M806XT M2M deployable systems:
- Industrial temp rated (-40ºC to +85ºC)
- Cast aluminium case with thermal management capabilities needed for extended temperature conditions
- Based on Intel Atom 600 MHZ processor architecture
- Modular design enables simple and cost efficient tailoring to specific application needs
- Allows specific interface demands or processor requirements to be easily integrated, reducing time-to-market and TCO
- External USB port simplifies use of M2M SDKs provided by M2M ISVs
- 4GB internal MicroSD card ensures sufficient storage for M2M smart service applications, middleware and OS
- Built-in accelerometer, dual HDMI and HD audio support enables designers to implement both movement tracking and intensive audio/video smart services features
- Supports 802.11 b/g/n at 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz band for 802.11a
- Integrated 802.15.4 WPAN transceiver flexibly supports 6LoPAN, Wireless HART and ZigBee using a unique 802.15.4 MAC layer interface
- Driver support for pre-certified cellular modules that can be pre-installed