Available from Kontron, global specialists in embedded computing technology, Micro Client IIA fanless panel PCs are Intel Atom-based touch panel PCs that feature a resistive touch display with ample display area for complex visualisation applications such as industrial automation, process control and facility management.
Conceptualised as application-ready Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs), Kontron Micro Client IIA touch panel PCs featuring IP65 protected front panels enable faster time-to-market and reduced development costs for applications such as operation and monitoring of equipment, machines and plants.
The small depth of the panel PCs (56mm for 17-inch panels) also allows easy deployment in existing applications that require a larger display.
Kontron Micro Client IIA touch panel PCs support all current thin client software platforms from RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) for Microsoft Windows-based servers to Linux-based open platforms with browser-based Java clients.
Operators benefit from such open source software options through the open and runtime license-free access to both centralised and decentralised web server applications.
Kontron’s latest panel PCs can also be used for several visualisation tasks without requiring any application-specific software to be installed on the client.
The Kontron Micro Clients IIA touch panel PCs feature not only SATA and CompactFlash boot functionality, but can also be remotely booted via Ethernet. This facilitates the administration of the complete solution since only the software on the respective industrial servers such as a Kontron KISS server must be administered.
- Comprehensive interface selection:
- 2x 10/1000 Ethernet
- 2 external USB 2.0 ports plus additional USB port on the front for screen sizes from 10.4” to 17.0”
- 1 x RS232 with optional RS422/RS485 and CAN bus interface
- Additional field bus interfaces optional
- Sophisticated embedded graphics for intuitive GUIs
- Touch-beep for multimedia-oriented operating and monitoring applications including acoustic feedback
- Fanless design enables silent operation, reduces maintenance costs and lowers total-cost-of-ownership with an impressive MTBF of over 40,000 hours
- Front panel can be omitted enabling the Kontron Micro Client IIA 170 to be integrated into all custom-specific housings including vandal-protected systems for public use; OEM needs to integrate the optional touch screen functionality
- Easy installation with bolt or clip panel mount plus the optional VESA mount
- Shock and vibration resistance, thermal stability and compliance with strict EMC standards
- Long-term availability of at least 5 years
The CE-certified Kontron Micro Client IIA 170 touch panel PCs support Windows CE, Windows XP Embedded and Embedded Linux operating systems.