The new Kontron MICROSPACE MSM-LP dual core PCI/104-Express single board computers come with an energy-efficient platform for demanding environmental conditions.
Based on the energy-efficient single and dual core Intel Atom processors, the new Kontron PCI/104-Express MICROSPACE MSM-LP single board computers offer an excellent range of interfaces and high-performance expansion options for applications.
OEMs benefit from simplified integration in I/O-intensive applications while the SBC’s performance makes it an ideal substitute for previous Intel Pentium M designs.
The single board computers are suitable for the upgrade of existing applications with the discontinued Intel 855 chip sets as well as new applications in the automation and transportation markets in addition to segments that rely on extremely energy-efficient designs.
OEMs upgrading existing applications also benefit from Kontron’s extensive software services, enabling them to outsource the porting, validation and migration of software to symmetric or asymmetric multiprocessing and dual core architectures.
Key features of Kontron MICROSPACE MSM-LP PCI/104-Express single board computers:
- Available with single core Intel Atom processor D425 or dual core Intel Atom D525 processor
- Version available for extended temperature range of -40ºC to +85ºC
- Offers hyper-threading for multiprocessing applications
- Up to 4 GB DDR3 single channel system memory available to speed up even memory-intensive applications
- 2 Gb Ethernet connections executed via Intel 82547L and 82567 controllers allow reliable vertical networking in complex industrial networks without additional expansion cards
- 4 USB 2.0 and 4 serial interfaces (RS232/422/485) allow direct connection of numerous application-specific peripheral devices
- One IDE and two SATA ports enable connection of up to three storage media devices
- On-board SSD with up to 16 GB capacity for space-saving and rugged applications
- Allows integration of two displays independently via VGA (2048 x 1536 @ 60 Hz) and LVDS
- HD audio (HDA)
- Software support for Windows, Linux and VxWorks