Kontron Australia announces the release of the new 2.5-inch Pico-ITX embedded single board computer KTLX800/pITX offering cost and power efficiency in a small form factor.
Featuring the AMD Geode LX800 processor, the Pico-ITX SBC offers interfaces tailored to the needs of industrial automation as well as test and measurement.
The power-efficient SBCs offer long-term availability with an average power consumption of only 5 – 7W, making the Kontron KTLX800/pITX ideal for extra-small and cost-sensitive industrial applications.
The Kontron 2.5-inch Pico-ITX single board computers combine state-of-the-art and legacy I/Os in a wide choice of interfaces including VGA, plus LVDS with JILI30, two serial interfaces, Fast Ethernet, SATA, four USB 2.0 and 16 GPIO.
The compact SBC measuring 100mm x 72mm enables efficient development of cost-optimised small form factor embedded designs and ultra-mobile devices such as those used in industrial automation or test and measurement applications.
Kontron's KTLX800/pITX SBC, with its well-balanced price-performance ratio and compact footprint is also an ideal alternative to RISC-based solutions.
Key benefits of the embedded single board computers include the extensive software basis of the x86 ecosystem and the resulting simplified development of applications that contributes significantly to speedier time-to-market and lower total cost of ownership.
Development is made more efficient through Kontron’s large range of software with a variety of board support packages (BSPs) and Kontron Embedded Application Programming Interface (KEAPI), which standardise hardware access while reducing development investments and optimising time-to-market.
Key features of Kontron's KTLX800/pITX SBC:
- Up to 1 GB of DDR RAM system memory supported by the AMD Geode LX800 500 MHz processor, which uses an average of just 0.9 Watts
- One 10/100 Mbit Ethernet, four USB 2.0, two serial RS232 serial connectors and 16 configurable GPIOs for implementing application-specific I/Os
- Connectivity for monitors and panels is enabled in a VGA (DSUB-15, up to 1600 x 1200 UXGA) and a JILI30 (single-channel LVDS, up to 1280 x 1024, 85 Hz)
- Data storage media can be connected via the SATA II port
- On-board socket for MicroSD cards also available for extra space-savings
- Supports Windows XP, Windows XP Embedded, Windows Embedded Standard 7 and Linux