Kontron Australia introduces the new Computer-on-Module nanoETXexpress-TTc optimised for the commercial temperature range.
Operating in a temperature range of 0ºC to 60ºC, Kontron nanoETXexpress-TTc features the Intel Atom processor series E6xx from 0.6 GHz up to 1.6 GHz.
Presented as a follow-up to the Kontron nanoETXexpress-TT for the E2 industrial temperature range (-40ºC to + 85ºC) introduced in September, the Kontron nanoETXexpress-TTc Computer-on-Module offers the same system functions along with a more cost-effective price point.
The Kontron nanoETXexpress-TTc is an ideal alternative for application areas that do not require extended temperature operation and would benefit from the advantages of the Intel Atom processor as well as the new COM Express Type 10 pin-out.
With the new Kontron nanoETXexpress-TTc, Kontron extends its portfolio of COM Express compatible ultra-small Computer-on-Modules to satisfy the dedicated requirements of individual small form factor applications that are not subjected to extreme temperatures.
- High design flexibility achieved with highly scalable performance within the Kontron nanoETXexpress family
- Freedom to select between the new COM Express pin-out type 10 (nanoETXexpress-TT) and the COM Express pin-out type 1 (Kontron nanoETXexpress-SP)
- Compact form factor is very attractive for developers of small devices such as:
- Robust handheld systems used in medical or smart-metering applications
- Small, stationary multimedia terminals
- New applications that were not previously feasible due to size and/or power limitations
- New COM Express pin-out type 10 compatible module paves a path for these and future x86 designs based on SFF processors
- Individual designs are developed more efficiently using Kontron nanoETXexpress Computer-on-Modules and custom carrierboards without having to custom design the kernel
- Suitable for applications in POS/POI and hospitality kiosks, indoor digital signage, portable medical appliances as well as small test and measurement tools
- 100 percent compatible with the newly defined COM Express pin-out type 10 definition as published in the COM Express Rev.2.0 specification
- Allows two displays to be controlled independently
In addition to LVDS, the Kontron nanoETXexpress-TTc offers SDVO on the newly implemented Digital Display Interface (DDI).
Featuring the Intel Atom E6xx processor, it provides up to 50 percent improved 3D graphic performance as compared to previous solutions based on Intel Atom processors. It supports Wind River VxWorks 6.8, Linux, Windows XP, XPe and WES 7.
Kontron is a worldwide provider of embedded computing technology, designing and manufacturing a range of rugged COTS and custom solutions for OEMs, systems integrators as well as application providers in a variety of markets.