Kontron Australia announces the introduction of the new 3U VPX CPU board VX3035 based on the 2nd generation Intel Core i7 processor.
Kontron, a world leader in embedded computing technology has expanded its VPX ecosystem with the new 3U VPX CPU board VX3035 integrating the Intel Core i7 2655LE processor, Intel HD graphics, Intel Turbo Boost technology and Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel AVX).
The new 3U VPX CPU board defines a new performance class for SWaP-optimised high-performance embedded computing applications.
Features such as excellent versatility and x86 technology coupled with high vectorial and parallel computing power will help OEMs benefit from the Kontron 3U VPX CPU board.
System developers can develop extremely compact and light applications with high parallel computing power such as video and image processing, radar, sonar or signal processing in software-defined wireless equipment.
The new VPX board also supports established APIs such as Open CL, which simplifies and speeds up application development.
With the support of Kontron VXFabric, the new CPU board facilitates inter-board communication in VPX/OpenVPX designs, since the socket interface standardises inter-board communication.
The new Kontron 3U VPX CPU board VX3035 will find application in the areas of defence technology, aviation and markets that rely on long-term available, rugged COTS platforms.
The Kontron VX3035 is designed as a drop-in replacement of the Kontron VX3030 based on the Intel Core i7 processors 620 LE or 610E.
Like all Kontron VPX products, the Kontron VX3035 is compliant with the OpenVPX specification (VITA 65).
The Kontron VX3035 is available in three designs: Standard air-cooled (0ºC to +55ºC), rugged air-cooled (-40ºC to +70ºC) or rugged conduction-cooled (-40ºC to +85ºC) for extreme environmental conditions.
Key features of Kontron 3U VPX CPU board VX3035:
- Based on the Intel Core i7 2655LE processor with integrated Intel HD graphics and Intel QM67 controller hub
- CPU architecture also available as a 6U VPX dual CPU solution
- Supports up to 8 GB dual channel 1066/1333 SDRAM with ECC
- Customers can adapt the board exactly to the ambient conditions and benefit from an optimised total cost of ownership
- Backplane interfaces include PCI Express x4, 4x SATA II, 3x Gigabit Ethernet, 4x USB 2.0 and two serial interfaces
- Front panel interfaces include 1x Gigabit Ethernet, 1x USB 2.0, a serial port and a VGA output
- On-board USB/SATA connection offers support for standard USB/SATA FlashDisk modules
- PCIe x1 interface allows expansion with application-specific I/O mezzanines
- Supports Windows Embedded Standard 7, Linux as well as VxWorks
Kontron will soon introduce the EZ3-VX3035, a turnkey 3U VPX system for rapid prototyping and software development based on the new Kontron VX3035.
With these development tools, application developers can concentrate on their core competencies to improve time-to-market and application quality.