Kontron Australia announces the release of the new ETX 3.0 Computer-on-Module ETX-OH with AMD's highly integrated, energy-efficient embedded G-Series Accelerated Processing Units (APU).
The Kontron ETX 3.0 was introduced at the recently conducted SPS/IPC/DRIVES trade show in Nuremberg.
Featuring powerful 64-bit multi-core processor technology and programmable graphics unit that supports DirectX11 on one die, this latest addition to the Kontron ETX 3.0 Computer-on-Module family is an ideal solution for applications that require increased graphic capabilities and provides a simplified migration path for systems that utilise legacy modules.
The Kontron ETX 3.0 Computer-on-Modules provide OEMs a solution that can directly replace existing PCI/ISA-based modules and extend the lifecycle of these applications through 2018, allowing designers to maximise the ROI for ETX-based solutions.
The Kontron ETX 3.0 is based on the AMD A55E Controller Hub and covers a wide performance range with the AMD T40E, T40R, T52 and T56N single- and dual core processors to address exact application requirements.
The performance is scalable from the single core processors, AMD T40R (1x1.0 GHz) and T52R (1x 1.5 GHz), up to the AMD dual core processors, T40E (2x 1.0 GHz) and T56N (2x 1.65 GHz), enabling OEMs to find the ideal configuration tailored to their individual demands.
The Kontron ETX-OH is ideal for applications in the infotainment, kiosk and medical markets where high performance and low energy consumption are key requirements.
The integrated AMD Radeon HD 6310/ HD 6250 graphics allow the Kontron ETX-OH to control several displays via the 24-bit dual channel LVDS (1600 x 1200), DP++ (DisplayPort/DVI/HDMI) (2048 x 1536) and VGA (2560 x 1600), enabling full digital multi-screen solutions, required for today’s medical and gaming applications.
Key features of Kontron ETX 3.0 Computer-on-Module ETX-OH:
- Based on the energy-efficient AMD Embedded G-Series APU and Fusion PCH
- Supports up to 4 GByte of DDR3 system memory, minimising latency even in memory intensive applications
- Superior HD graphics capabilities with support for the latest 3D graphics with DirectX 11 and OpenGL 3.2
- Integrated Unified Video Decoder enables smooth playback of high resolution Blu-Ray and video streams of up to 1080p
- Native support for DP++ onboard allows latest display technology to be connected without changes to the carrier board for simple upgrades
- Dedicated graphics adapter from DisplayPort to LVDS
- Can be used to control two digital displays independently in combination with the native dual-channel LVDS via ETX connectors
- PCI and ISA-based applications can be updated to latest dual-display technology with HD content
- Sound output for multimedia applications enabled via high-definition audio
- Applications that connect to fast storage media such as Blu-Ray players or SSDs benefit from the two SATA connections with 3 Gbit/s
- Optional on-board SSD-flash allows space-saving integration of rugged storage media without changing system design
- Available interfaces include Fast Ethernet, USB 2.0 and optional onboard microUSB port
- Optional onboard Trusted Platform Module (TPM 1.2) enables high-level data security
- Excellent energy efficiency and minimised power consumption during system idling
- Supports Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit), Windows XP, Windows Embedded Standard 7, Windows Embedded Compact 7, Linux and VxWorks