Kontron Australia announces the introduction of a new range of air-cooled processor boards to their 3U CompactPCI series.
The introduction of the standard air-cooled version of the high performance Kontron 3U CompactPCI processor board CP3002 based on the latest Intel Core i7 mobile processor technology and Intel Platform Controller Hub QM57 completes the 3U series consisting of rugged air-cooled and conduction-cooled processor boards.
Kontron CP3002 fanless processor boards with low power consumption, low heat dissipation and integrated graphics are designed for standard application environments with forced airflow.
The new Kontron processor boards find use in military, medical, industrial, transportation as well as test and measurement applications.
The other versions in Kontron’s CP3002 line of 3U CompactPCI processor boards include Kontron CP3002-RC Rugged Conduction-Cooled and Kontron CP3002-RA Rugged Air-Cooled boards designed for applications in harsh environments.
Key features of the new Kontron CP3002 processor boards
- 2.53 GHz Intel Core i7-610E and LV 2.0 GHz Intel Core i7-620LE processor
- Speeds up multiprocessing tasks via hyper-threading technology (HTT)
- Processes single-threaded tasks much faster with the new Intel Turbo Boost technology
- Allows for a clock speed of up to 3.33 GHz without exceeding the defined thermal design power (TDP) and without the need to oversize the entire system for peak loads
- Up to 8 GB DDR3 1066 MHz ECC-protected memory on two SODIMM sockets for increased data integrity and system stability
- Up to 16 GB of NAND Flash can be additionally integrated via SATA interface to hold complete operating systems or application code that substantially increases overall system speed and availability
- 1x VGA, 2x USB 2.0 and 2x Gigabit Ethernet ports on the front panel and a total of 6x USB 2.0, 2x COM (RS-232), 2x Gigabit Ethernet and 5x SATA interfaces
- 8HP version extends the interfaces on the front panel with the Kontron CP3002-HDD mezzanine card by 1x DVI, 1x COM port, 2x USB 2.0 and a reset button enabling system build-up via front cabling
- Kontron CP3002-HDD offers support for a 2.5” SATA hard drive or SSD and a CFast socket for data storage
- High data and system security is ensured with the optional Trusted Platform Module (TPM) offering the required encryption, verification and storage capabilities for security-sensitive applications
- Wake on LAN (WoL) functionality allows the board to save energy when not in operation and to be woken up from suspended state via remote connection
- Provides a PCI 32-bit, 33 MHz CompactPCI interface supporting the peripheral mode feature
The Kontron CP3002 processor boards are compatible with Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 7 Embedded Standard, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Linux and VxWorks.