Kontron Australia announces the launch of the microETXexpress-OH, their new Computer-on-Module in the space-saving COM Express compact form factor, based on the new energy-efficient and highly integrated AMD Embedded G-Series Accelerated Processing Units (APUs).
The small Computer-on-Module integrates a powerful parallel processing and graphics unit, and offers excellent graphics performance when compared to other modules offered in a compact footprint.
The Kontron COM Express compact Computer-on-Module microETXexpress-OH is suitable for applications such as gaming and kiosk POS/POI systems, large display panels, multimedia walls, professional AV equipment as well as small-sized mobile devices including test and measurement systems or mobile 3D ultrasound scanners and imaging systems used in medical or automation environments.
Sample applications include mobile ultrasound devices, video surveillance with pattern recognition, laser detection systems, tracking systems, encryption and decryption systems in data communication as well as signal processing in software-defined wireless equipment.
Kontron’s compact Computer-on-Module microETXexpress-OH
- DirectX 11 and OpenGL 3.2 support, integrated Unified Video Decoder (UVD 3.0) and long-term availability
- Superior solution for SFF applications that require high-performance, high-speed graphics to produce fluid, high-resolution image and video displays
- Supports OpenCL and Microsoft DirectCompute
- Graphics unit accelerates parallel processing tasks for solutions designed to process parallel vector algorithms
- Variety of graphics interfaces makes it well-suited for applications running multiple screens simultaneously
- Offers three digital display interfaces (DDI) in addition to LVDS and VGA through which developers can implement DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI
- Natively supports all video interfaces in current use, benefiting developers in simplified application design, cutting both time-to-market and total cost of ownership
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 support over the type 6 pin-out
- Two USB 3.0 ports allow connection of modern peripheral components such as full HD video cameras or fast external storage media
Kontron microETXexpress-OH feature set:
- Scalable in four stages over the bandwidth of the AMD Embedded G series APUs from 1.2 GHz T44R single-core APU to 1.6 GHz dual-core variant T56N
- Broad performance range allows OEMs to adjust performance and energy consumption to application requirements
- Connects up to 8 Gbytes of DDR3 RAM via two memory sockets
- Compliant with the new COM Express specification, COM.0 rev. 2.0
- Implements 6x PCI Express x1 lanes Gen 2.0, 4x SATA 3, Gigabit Ethernet, and 6x USB 2.0
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports deliver gross data rates 10 times higher compared to USB 2.0
- Decodes 1080p BluRay videos with HDCP and HD MPEG-2 and DivX (MPEG-4) videos with minimal CPU load using integrated universal video decoder 3.0
- Supports Windows OS and Linux