Kontron Australia announces the introduction of two new rugged 6U CompactPCI PICMG 2.16 compliant processor boards featuring 2nd generation Intel Core i7 processor technology.
The boards are available in two ruggedisation levels including the rugged air-cooled Kontron CP6003-RA for installations requiring versatile and comprehensive I/O capabilities, and the rugged conduction cooled Kontron CP6003-RC, for deployment in extremely harsh environments. The two ruggedisation levels allow designers to choose the ideal solution for their application.
Designed to bring leading-edge performance with low power consumption and low heat dissipation to a broad range of rugged applications, the Kontron 6U CompactPCI processor boards, CP6003-RA/RC are an ideal fit for military and aerospace systems.
The 2nd generation Intel Core i7 processor technology allows OEMs and system integrators to pack more performance into their systems at the same level of heat dissipation, enabling more powerful applications in the same thermal envelope.
Equipped with multicore CPUs, including the 2.10 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7-2715QE processor, the Kontron CP6003-RA/RC boards not only speed up vector operations required for imaging and floating-point applications via Advanced Vector Extension (Intel AVX), but also process single-threaded tasks through Intel Turbo Boost technology 2.0. This allows for a clock speed of up to 3.0 GHz without the need to oversize the entire system for peak loads.
Key features of Kontron CP6003-RA/RC processor boards:
- Performance gain of more than 200% for the quad core CPU
- Offers a 50% performance/watt ratio improvement on average, compared to designs with previous Intel Core processor architecture
- Up to 16 GB of soldered DDR3 1333 ECC memory ensures data accuracy for demanding and safety-critical applications
- Rugged NAND Flash with up to 32 GB can be integrated via a SATA interface to host complete operating systems or application code
- Supports 64-bit/66 MHz PCI or PCI-X on the hot swap CompactPCI interface
- Supports optional Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2, two redundant firmware hubs (failover) and Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI)
- XMC (via PCI Express x8) or PMC socket for mezzanine cards ensure plenty of room for application specific expansions
- RoHS compliant and lead-free boards can be used in a system or peripheral slot
- Supports Linux, VxWorks, Microsoft Windows 7, Windows XP, XP embedded and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Meets ruggedisation level EAC6 according to VITA 47
- Equipped with the Intel Core i7-2715QE quad-core processor with a temperature range of -40ºC to +55ºC
- Up to +70ºC with the 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7-2655LE dual-core processor
- Comes with 5x SATA ports with RAID 0/1/5/10 functionality for enhanced data security, 6x USB 2.0 ports, 2x RS232 ports, VGA, dual HDMI and 5x Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Conduction-cooled version, suitable for integration in completely enclosed systems
- High mechanical resistance, ideal for in-vehicle installations
- Qualified to VITA 47 conduction cooled ruggedisation level ECC4
- Supports operating temperature range of -40ºC to +85ºC at the card edge