Kontron Australia announces the introduction of the new 2.5-inch Pico-ITX embedded single board computers (SBCs). KTA55/pITX is Kontron’s smallest SBC platform based on the AMD Embedded G-Series with Fusion technology.
Featuring an extensive range of dedicated interfaces, extremely small footprint (100mm x 72mm) and low power requirements, Kontron’s new range of embedded SBCs is one of the fastest and most cost-effective products available for the development of graphics-intensive small form factor applications.
Kontron KTA55/pITX single board computers enable OEMs to utilise DirectX 11, full HD video display (1080 i/p) and dual-screen control features to reduce development time for small box applications such as those found in the latest digital signage and user-friendly sales kiosks.
Target applications include all SFF applications with high graphics and video performance requirements including POS/POI multimedia kiosks and dual-screen installations in infotainment systems, control rooms and machine controls.
OpenCL support enables computation-intensive applications in the low-power segment such as image processing and digital signal processing to benefit from Kontron’s latest off-the-shelf platform through minimised development times and simplified design-in process.
Key features of Kontron KTA55/pITX single board computers:
- Accelerated processing unit integrates one or two 64-bit processor cores, a programmable graphics unit plus a PCI Express Gen 2.0 controller and a DDR3 RAM controller
- 9W TDP for the accelerated processing unit makes it the perfect fit for low power applications
- Developers can rely on existing cooling concepts from Kontron’s portfolio and accelerate system development
- 1.2 GHz Single-Core processor AMD T44R or the 1.0 GHz Dual-Core processor AMD T44N
- Integrates up to 4 GB RAM on a DDR3 SODIMM module allowing OEMS to easily scale system configuration according to individual needs
- DVI-I output for DVI and VGA, 24-bit dual channel LVDS interface and backlight output enable OEMs to implement dual-monitor applications with resolutions up to 2 x full HD
- Integrated unified video decoder minimises CPU load in the decoding of H.264, VC-1, MPEG, WMV and DivX HD videos
- Integrated high definition audio (HDA) provides crystal-clear audio output
- 6 x USB 2.0 ports enable OEMs to make use of a broad range of cost-efficient peripherals for application-specific expansions
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet port offers extremely high compatibility and bandwidth for networking applications
- Storage media can be integrated over three 6.0 Gb/s SATA connections
- Trusted platform module provides data security for critical safety applications
- LPC bus for legacy peripherals and 8 configurable GPIOs
- Supports Windows XP, Windows XP Embedded, Windows Embedded Standard 7 and Linux