Kontron Australia has once again expanded their product line of extended temperature boards and systems.
The company introduces the extended temperature version of their already popular CB752 fanless box PCs. Kontron CB 752 embedded box PCs with Intel Atom N270 processor are now available for extended ambient temperatures from -15°C to +60°C.
The electronics in these embedded box PCs are equipped with particularly robust specified components and the whole system has been fully tested in the climate chamber.
Customers benefit from improved reliability in a wider range of harsh environments thanks to the expanded capabilities of the Kontron CB 752 embedded box PCs.
The improved temperature tolerance makes the compact Kontron embedded box PC CB 752 suitable for particularly demanding applications in transportation, automation, medical, POS and digital signage as well as in many other unheated and non air-conditioned work environments that do not necessarily require the industrial temperature range of -40°C to +85°C.
Applications where the temperature range of -15°C to +60°C is sufficient benefit from the extensively tested, cost effective and validated long-term availability system design with high security.
The use of the Intel Atom N270 processor technology and low-cost chipset makes the box PC very attractive with regard to price, compared to systems with full E2 approval.
The energy-efficient Kontron embedded box PC CB 752 features a fanless design in a rugged aluminum chassis for extremely high MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) specified at approximately 100,000 hours, which corresponds to continuous 24/7 operation for about 11 years.
In addition to standard PC interfaces, the Kontron embedded box PC CB 752 offers industry-standard interfaces such as RS232, RS422/485, digital I/Os, an optional CAN interface and two Gigabit Ethernet interfaces.
For wireless communication, the embedded box PCs are also available with an optional wireless LAN. Custom extensions are also possible via a Mini PCI Express slot.
Key features of Kontron CB 752 embedded box PCs
- 2 x Gbit LAN, 4 x USB 2.0, 2 x RS232, VGA and optional DVI, 1x CAN bus and RS422/485 on the front housing
- Two USB 2.0 ports on the back side
- HD audio ready
- Optionally integrates a WLAN with two rear-facing antennas and non-volatile NVRAM
- 1.6 GHz Intel Atom N270 and 533 MHz FSB supports up to 2 GB of DDR2 RAM
- For data storage, a bay is available for a shock mounted 2.5" SATA HDD or SDD and a CF socket
- CE certified and UL suitable
- Supported operating systems include Linux, Microsoft Windows XP, Windows XP Embedded and Windows CE 6.0