AdvancedTCA (ATCA) Integrated Open Modular Platforms
The Kontron OM series of carrier grade, high density AdvancedTCA platforms is designed from a full range of GbE and 10GbE AdvancedTCA processor nodes, switches, carriers, plus a unique portfolio of AdvancedMC processor, storage and I/O modules.
Processor, Switch and Carrier Blades
Choose from a complete Kontron portfolio of AdvancedTCA GbE and 10GbE processor, switch and carrier blades to build your next AdvancedTCA-based carrier grade system.
AdvancedMC - Advanced Mezzanine Cards (AMC)
- Each platform element provides System High Availability (HA) and high levels of modularity and configurability.
- Reusable network systems and a greater flexibility to quickly introduce and terminate subscriber services with no downtime.
- Effortlessly grow their networks as their subscriber traffic increases.
AdvancedMCs are based on serial interfaces and support different transport systems such as, for example, PCIExpress, Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Serial Rapid
I/O and SAS (Serial Attached SCSI)/SATA (Serial ATA).
MicroTCA (µTCA) Boards
- High Data Throughput via high speed serial interconnects
- High Managability via IMPI concept and interoperability check
- High Serviceability through hot swap cabability
MicroTCA is complementary to AdvancedTCA (ATCA). Where ATCA is optimized for very high capacity, high performance applications, µTCA is designed to address cost sensitive and physically smaller applications with lower capacity, performance, and perhaps less stringent availability requirements. Features and benefits include:
- Complementary to AdvancedTCA
- Full conformance with the AMC.0 definition
- Support any/all AMC-defined form factors
- Favorable cost, size, and modularity
- Target low start-up costs
- Modular and serviceable
- Hot Swap / plug and play support, in conformance with AMC.0 and consistent with AdvancedTCA
Learn more about Kontron's range of Boards and Mezzanines by visiting the Kontron Australia website via the link provided below.