A new range of 6U CompactPCI processor boards based on 2nd generation Intel Core i5/i7 mobile processor technology is now available from Kontron Australia .
The Kontron CP6003-SA delivers superior performance with low power consumption and low heat dissipation to a broad range of applications.
The new processor boards are suitable for applications in communications, military, aerospace, medical, industrial and monitoring systems.
Equipped with up to 2.10 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7-2715QE, the Kontron CP6003-SA speeds up vector operations required for imaging and floating-point applications via Advanced Vector Extension (Intel AVX).
Kontron CP6003-SA also processes single-threaded tasks much faster thanks to the Intel Turbo Boost technology 2.0, allowing for clock speeds up to 3.10 GHz without the need to oversize the entire system for peak loads.
Key advantages of Kontron CP6003-SA processor boards:
- Performance gain of more than 200% for the CPU compared to platforms with the previous Intel Core i7 processor
- 50% performance/watt ratio improvement on an average compared to designs with the previous Intel Core processor architecture
- Brings OpenGL-based applications to CompactPCI unifying the software basis for high performance embedded computing to reduce development effort and time-to-market
- Up to 16 GB of DDR3 1600 MHz ECC memory ensures data accuracy for demanding and safety-critical applications such as radar, sonar or imaging systems
- Up to 32 GB of NAND Flash can be integrated via SATA interface to hold complete operating systems or application code, substantially increasing overall system speed and availability
- Supports an optional Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2, two redundant firmware hubs and Intelligent Platform Management Interface
- Runs with Linux, VxWorks, Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Embedded Standard 7, Windows XP, XP embedded or Windows Server 2008R2
The Kontron CP6003-SA facilitates maximum application flexibility with an extensive range of interfaces:
- 6x SATA ports with RAID 0/1/5/10 functionality for enhanced data security
- 6x USB 2.0 ports
- 2x RS232 ports
- VGA, dual HDMI and High Definition Audio (HDA) interfaces
- 5x Gigabit Ethernet interfaces connected via PCI Express
- One of the 6 available SATA ports can be used for an onboard 2.5-inch SATA hard drive
- XMC socket (via PCI Express x8) or PMC socket for mezzanine cards allows customised expansions
- Supports a configurable 64-bit/66 MHz PCI or PCI-X, hot swap CompactPCI interface