Konecranes has launched a new-generation electric chain hoist designed to meet and exceed rigorous reliability, safety and efficiency demands of diversified industrial users.
Available in Australia and New Zealand from Konecranes, the new CLX chain hoist, a winner of the Red Dot design excellence award delivers a longer lifetime, offering up to 1600 hours on most models with a full load.
Featuring a durable aluminium construction, the new, steel-framed and sturdy CLX chain hoist is particularly suitable for individual workstation applications such as assembly cells, and in workshops extending across mining and resources, metal working and manufacturing, and vehicle and plant maintenance segments. The chain hoists also find use in applications involving jib cranes and electric overhead travelling (EOT) cranes.
Konecranes plans to introduce three versions of the CLX chain hoists initially: Type CLX02 with a lifting capacity of 63-320kg, type CLX05 with a lifting capacity of 250-630kg and type CLX10 with a lifting capacity 500-2500kg.
Konecranes Sales and Marketing Manager Mr Warren Ashton explains that the Konecranes CLX chain hoist is designed to perform in applications where reliability, safety and efficiency is critical, adding that the reliable lifting device increases performance and adds customer value through innovative technology and design, extended lifetime expectancy and high safety.
Safety functions have been integrated into the standard design of the hoist. For example, the brake and the clutch have been installed on the same axle, which prevents the load from dropping even if the clutch breaks down. Durability of the lift chain was a key objective in the CLX’s design, according to Konecranes.
Key features of Konecranes CLX electric chain hoists:
- Patented chain sprocket with redesigned transmission dramatically improves durability
- Chain sprocket’s oil lubrication-based transmission reduces operating temperature, enabling increased power with maintenance-free and quieter operation
- Transmission’s new 6:1 speed ratio enables safe, accurate installation speed and extremely fast movement speed, speeding up work cycle and improving work efficiency
- Components requiring maintenance easily accessible and do not require removal
- All electronics located compactly on reliable circuit boards, minimising the amount of internal wiring
- Brake and clutch installed on the same axle, preventing the load from dropping even if the clutch breaks down, taking safety to a new level
- Functions efficiently over an extended temperature range from -20°C to +50°C
- Energy efficient machine also meets all the requirements of the global RoHS Directive
- No hazardous lead used as soldering material in the hoist’s circuit boards
- Reliable classic contactor control 48V and 3-phase power supply
- Gentle operation with standard dual-speed motors
- Stepless speed control for travelling motion (with motorised trolley)
- Clever built-in control panel for easy access and service
- New clutch concept for increased safety
- Increased safety with embedded electrical upper and lower limit switches
- Sturdy control pendant and cable IP55 protection
- Mechanical friction torque limiter protects from overloading with combined brake for additional safety
- Thermal motor protection