Konecranes has recently carried out successful installations at a number of sites of Western Australia’s premier steel products supplier Midalia Steel, a subsidiary of OneSteel. At Midalia Steel Bunbury, following expansion to new purpose-built premises, Konecranes installed a CXTS radio-controlled tandem hoist crane with a 23 metre span and capacity of 3.2 tonne per hoist.
In the commercial centre of Welshpool, to the south of Perth CBD, Konecranes installed two CXTS radio-controlled tandem hoist cranes, each with a 26 metre span and capacity of 5 tonne per hoist. These cranes were fitted into Midalia Steel‘s new Welshpool branch warehouse extension, operating on the same runways as existing cranes from other manufacturers. At Midalia Steel Esperance, Konecranes installed a CXTS tandem hoist crane with an 18 metre span and capacity of 2.5 tonne per hoist, also radio controlled. The crane replaced an old unit from another supplier that had reached the end of its service life.
Features of the tandem hoist crane include:
- CXT tandem hoist cranes have excellent hook approaches at both ends of the crane
- Headroom requirement is minimal in the tandem hoist cranes
- CXT tandem hoist cranes are designed to eliminate unused or under-utilised square meters because the crane can operate closer to the walls and lift the load higher
- High performance hoisting motors with 60 per cent ED rating, which combine extra power with superior cooling characteristics. The hoisting motors also have the power and flexibility for temporary peak usage situations
- The built-in durability and performance is combined with gears of extreme accuracy, with hardened and ground helical gearwheels with semi-fluid great lubrication and corrosion-proof housing, which means trouble-free operation even after years of intensive use.
- Inverter control as standard in crane and trolley travels, for easy and effective load control. Smooth starts and stops reduce wear and mechanical stress on structures and minimises the load sway. Improved productivity is achieved because moving and positioning the load is faster, easier and safer.
- Durable adjustment-free and dust-proof high performance brakes for safety and bottom-line reliability. For special demanding applications the hoists can be equipped with a second brake.
“As world leader in crane design, manufacturing and servicing, Konecranes has over the years established a track record that includes a number of industry firsts. The newest innovations are found in our groundbreaking CXT crane design, a type which is now in increasingly widespread use throughout Australasia,” says Konecranes National Sales and Marketing Manager Warren Ashton.