By providing strong customer service, Konecranes has won orders for more 10 ton single girder overhead cranes, to be supplied to property developer J & P Group for a major new industrial estate.
J & P Group has so far erected four sheds on this new estate, which is situated at Picton, near Bunbury in Western Australia, with plans for the site to eventually house around 100 industrial sheds. The sheds so far erected house a total of six overhead cranes, each with a span of 21 metres.
This project was originally being serviced by a competitor crane supplier, but purchaser dissatisfaction led to the changeover. As Financial Controller for J & P Group Jim Zheng explains, "service was the issue, which is why we chose Konecranes instead."
The new industrial estate is typically occupied by mining and refining companies, though J & P Group is currently in the process of signing up an international engineering firm.
Konecranes is now negotiating with J & P Group for the supply of an additional 10 ton crane for the Picton site. The property developer, meanwhile, is talking with a prospective tenant who requires three or four sheds, with each one housing up to ten cranes.
Trevor Ednie, Sales Manager WA & SA for Konecranes says that J & P Group is "definitely pleased with their Konecranes purchases and also with the support they are receiving from our service branch, which is conveniently located in Pinjarra to the north of Bunbury."
An ongoing service agreement has also recently been signed for Konecranes to provide routine maintenance for the six new overhead cranes supplied by the company, as well as the three overhead cranes previously purchased by J & P Group, Mr Ednie adds.
Konecranes’ overhead cranes offer a range of features and benefits, including:
- high performance hoisting motors with 60 per cent ED rating
- built-in durability and performance
- extremely accurate gears, with hardened and ground helical gearwheels and corrosion-proof housing
- fast and accurate load positioning
- minimal horizontal travel of the hook during lowering
- ergonomic hook design, which makes rigging of the load safer
- innovative hoist design that reduces the stress and wear of the lifting rope; and
- durable adjustment-free and dust-proof high performance brakes for safety and bottom-line reliability.