A STATE-of-the-art Konecranes XB electric belt hoist is being introduced to Australasia for environments where cleanliness and hygiene are key requirements.
The new hoist - especially designed for applications such as agrochemicals, fine chemicals, food processing and pharmaceuticals - lifts between 500 and 2000kg at speeds up to 10m/min to a maximum lifting height of 10m.
Complying with European standards and manufactured according to ISO 9001 conditions, first users of the XB internationally include Canon, Du Pont De Nemours, Elf, Michelin, Nestle and Total.
Features incorporated into the XB include:
* Advanced hoist lifting belt made from fire-retardant polyester. The belt retains its high strength and dimensional stability even after immersion in boiling water. It is highly resistant to most acids, neutral with solvents, corrosion proof and rot-proof.
* A lifting belt guide incorporating extra safety features to guard against side-pulling and twisting during lifting.
* Two-speed hoist and trolley motors complying with IEC 34.1/34.2. Standard features include Class F insulation and IP55 protection. The hoist's electromagnetic brakes feature automatic wear compensation.
* Load limiter as a standard feature. This is integrated into the belt hoist to prevent accidental overloading of the hoist and runway. It complies with the European Machinery Directive.
* Totally sealed hoisting gearbox. It features lifetime lubrication with semi-fluid grease, O-ring seals and lip seal at the shaft end for a lifetime of quiet and efficient operation.
* Electrical equipment that complies with NFE 52070. Features include a fully adjustable upper and lower limit switch, effective thermal protection of the hoist motor by thermistors and an IP65-protected push-button pendant station.