Kodak once again delivers on the company's enduring brand promise of making printing easy and enjoyable by providing high quality picture and document output; with the announcement of Facial retouching software and Best-in-Class Print Permanence Ratings results from Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR).
Facial retouch software
Consumers can now create clearer images of family and friends by enhancing facial features and reducing the appearance of skin irregularities with Kodak’s new Facial Retouch inkjet software editing feature.
Key features include;
- One-click facial enhancement where faces and facial features are detected automatically,
- Control over which faces to retouch and the level of adjustment made to each face,
- Texture enhancer, skin tone smoothing and blemish reduction,
- Eye and teeth whitening
- A preview option that provides an easy way to select the final retouch level.
“Kodak is continuing to innovate and introduce innovative technology that delivers on the promise of ‘you press the button, we do the rest’” enhancing consumers lives and creative control, says David Santer, Inkjet Systems product manager Australia and New Zealand.
Wilhelm Imaging Research
Kodak continues to deliver on its initiative to provide objective, third-party data so that consumers can make informed purchase decisions when buying a new home inkjet printer.
According to results of the five-factor print permanence testing, spearheaded by Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR), the Kodak Easyshare AiO printers and ink achieved high level of overall print permanence of any current consumer desktop printer system.
Using WIR’s established test method standards, considered the de facto industry standard for consumer and professional inkjet prints, the organisation determined that in all cases, prints from the Kodak consumer inkjet printing system will resist fading for more than 100 years.
WIR conducted extensive print permanence tests on the Kodak Easyshare AIO 5500 printer, pigmented inks and inkjet photo papers to determine image fade resistance for the five major longevity factors: light, temperature, unprotected exposure to ambient ozone, high-humidity and contact with water.
The recent addition to the range: Kodak Easyshare 5500
The Kodak Easyshare 5500 All-in-One printer continues to innovate within the home printing market by providing high quality picture and document output, whilst saving people up to 50% on everything they print.
The Kodak Easyshare 5500 All-in-One printer delivers advanced performance with sophisticated simplicity - featuring print, scan, copy and fax capabilities- delivering crisp, sharp documents with ease.
The Kodak Easyshare 5500 All-in-One printer also allows you to print Kodak lab-quality photos that will last a lifetime. With a built in automatic document feeder and duplexer for 2-sided document printing, the Kodak 5500 is an essential item for small offices or anyone looking to work from home.
The Kodak Easyshare 5500 All-in-One printer will ship with the new Facial Retouch feature – enabling consumers to enhance their personal photographs right at home.
Key features and benefits of Kodak Easyshare 5500:
- Print capabilities of up to 32 pages per minute in black and 22 pages per minute in colour
- Print capabilities with Kodak lab-quality borderless 4 x 6-inch photos that last a lifetime and print in as little as 28 seconds
- Exclusive, pigment-based inks in a convenient two-cartridge, six-ink system that works with all Kodak Easyshare AiO inkjet printers
- View and edit photos directly on the 2.4-inch colour LCD display
- PC-free photo printing from most memory cards, USB drives and Pictbridge-enabled cameras
- No hassle photo printing – the Kodak Easyshare AiO printer automatically reads the back print of Kodak Inkjet photo papers and adjusts settings to deliver quality pictures time after time
- Easy-to-use high definition CCD scanner can scan and align multiple pictures at a time
- A 35 page automatic document feeder for scanning
- 100 sheet main tray plus a 20 sheet 4x6 photo tray
- A duplexer, for 2-sided document printing
- High-speed fax modem (33.6 Kbps v.34) with 12-button phone key pad, 3 one-click speed dials and 60 number phone book.
- Powerful and friendly Kodak Easyshare 5000 series AiO printer software enables you to print, copy, scan and more
- Integrated 35-sheet automatic document feeder for copying, scanning or faxing multi-page documents
- Bluetooth wireless technology enabled, so it is easy to print pictures – even from across the room
Support / connectivity:
- For Microsoft XP (all versions) and Microsoft Vista OS
- For Macintosh OS X v10.4.8 or later
- USB 2.0, 1.1