Vortec's patented blowoff nozzles and jets, available from Knight Pneumatics , are all designed to reduce compressed air consumption, compared to open jets. Using an air amplification principle, the design allows air to accelerate, entraining free surrounding air as it exits. The result is a powerful and precise airflow that consumes less compressed air and saves energy costs.
All air nozzles and jets are not the same. Vortec's nozzles and jets amplify airflow volume up to 25 times more than the compressed air supplied. The result is less compressed air usage to deliver the same or greater thrust performance. Suitable for all types of blowoff, cooling and drying applications, these nozzles and jets are available in a variety of low and high thrust models.
Customers can use them to meet OSHA compliance as they meet OSHA specifications for noise and dead-end pressure. Additionally, Vortec nozzles and jets deliver a precise airflow making them suitable for parts movement and ejection.
The Vortec energy saving nozzles and jets are used for:
- Blowoff of chips, powders, dust, trims and scraps
- Cooling or drying parts and assemblies
- Cleaning debris or stripping water and solvents
- Parts ejection and movement
- Replacing open copper tube jets
- Replacing headers with drilled holes
- Energy conversation programs
- OSHA compliance