VORTEX Tubes are an effective, low cost solution to a wide variety of industrial spot and process cooling needs.
With no moving parts, a vortex tube spins compressed air to separate the air into cold and hot air streams. They are available from Knight Pneumatics.
While French physicist Georges Ranque is credited with inventing the vortex tube in 1930, ITW Vortec was the first company to develop and apply this phenomenon into practical and effective cooling solutions for industrial use.
Vortex Tubes have a very wide range of applications for industrial spot cooling on machines, assembly lines and processes.
Other applications include:
* Cool machining operations
* Set solders and adhesives
* Cool plastic injection molds
* Dry ink on labels and bottles
* Dehumidify gas operations
* Cool heat seal operations
* Thermal test sensors and choke units
* Cool cutter blades.