Multi-function electronic controls, variable speed drives, servos and programmable logic controllers are sensitive to heat and contamination. Smaller cabinet sizes make temperature control difficult and contribute to premature failures. Excessive heat causes components to ‘cook,’ digital displays to misread, controls to drift, and breakers to trip below their rated loads. The result is often lost productivity from machine or line shutdowns.
Fans often provide inadequate cooling and commonly pull in dirty, humid air creating another source of failure. Air conditioners require maintenance and are relatively expensive, large and difficult to install.
ITW Vortec enclosure coolers, available from Knight Pneumatics , require low maintenance, and are easy to install, keeping enclosures cool and clean without Freon or other refrigerants.
Vortex enclosure coolers have the following benefits:
- Thermostatically-controlled to save energy
- Continuous cooling models are available
- Powered by compressed air, utilising a Vortec tube to generate cold air without Freon or other refrigerants (CFCs/HCFCs)
- Reliable with no moving parts to break or wear
- Low maintenance
- Cooling capacities to 5000BTUH (1250 kcal/H)
- Maintains NEMA 4, 4X and 12 ratings. All models are UL-listed
- NEMA 12 - Indoor dust tight/drip tight
- NEMA 4 - Outdoor weatherproof/wash down
- NEMA 4X - Outdoor weatherproof/wash down and corrosion resistant