In 1922, Richard Klinger designed the first piston valve, replacing the sealing system of a conventional globe valve with a cylindrical piston and two elastic, replaceable jointing rings. Constant research and further development have dramatically improved the seal ring technology, with seal performance meeting or exceeding stringent emission requirements, as demonstrated by numerous independent test and international certification (eg TA Luft, API6A etc).
Klinger ’s Valve Manufacturing facilities are accredited to the ISO9001 Quality Standard and to ISO14001 environmental management standard.
The advantages of Klinger piston valves:
- Exceptional leak tightness across the ports and to atmosphere
- Environmentally safe and energy efficient
- Unaffected by wire drawing in steam service
- Insensitive to impurities due to maintenance free sealing system
- High return on investment across full service life compared to Globe Valves
- Maintenance free
- Valve rings are replaceable in the line
- Good control statistics
- Fire safe tested according to API 6FA
- Inspected according to EPA emission test
- Conforms to TA Luft
- VdTÜV Licence 1065 type approval