Misting fans convert water from an in-built, 36-litre tank into mist with a throw of about three metres and cool air projected even farther.
The electric-powered misting fans were hired from Kennards Rydalmere for the Port Bar adjoining the River Cat wharf.
Anna Panton, who manages the Port Bar said the misting fans were ideal for the open plan, covered function area.
The misting fans are suitable for outdoor or semi-enclosed entertainment and sports venues as well as indoors in places such as factories, warehouses and gymnasiums.
Key features of misting fans from Kennards Hire:
- Manmade mist created by electric-powered fans
- Suitable for open plan covered areas in the outdoors
- Also ideal for indoor spaces such as factories and gymnasiums
- Amount of mist as well as oscillation and speed of the fan can be adjusted
- Can also be used as normal fans with the misting function turned off
Kennards Hire operates more than 100 general and special equipment hire outlets across Australia, offering pedestal fans, portable air conditioners and evaporative air coolers.