Kennards Hire has supplied more than 30 light towers to help with South Australia’s grain harvest, which started in November and is expected to be the biggest since at least 2005. The light tower units, provided by the Kennards’ new traffic management hire centre in Adelaide, are being used at ABB Grain sites throughout the farming regions.
Features of the light towers include:
- The light towers fleet has been greatly expanded with a mixture of JLG and TecnoGen models
- JLG units have a folding mast, which can be raised in 110 seconds
- The folding mast of the light tower elevates to a height of eight metres and rotates 350 degrees
- They have a horizontal reach of three metres
- TecnoGen light towers have a nine metre high mast, which rotates 360 degrees and can be erected in 11 seconds. They are silenced, fully bunded and have an 8KVA generator, providing excess power