Kennards Hire Pump & Power has supplied four 200mm (8in) silenced pumps to a sewer bypass operation carried out by Water Infrastructure Group in Canberra.
Accommodating flows of up to 600 litres per second, the pumps were provided to assist Water Infrastructure Group to reline a 0.5kn section of sewer. To achieve this, the company needed to establish a bypass to another sewer 210 metres away.
Water Infrastructure Group liaised with Kennards Hire Pump & Power on the best option to meet the needs of the situation.
Four pumps were initially hired, but two were withdrawn when some of the contractor's own pumps became available after the completion of another job.
Water Infrastructure Group Project Manager Pieter Schoofs said that, with a lot of projects going on at one time, it was very helpful being able to hire pumps of this capacity to supplement the company's own.
"We have a good relationship with Kennards and the wider range of specialist equipment they have introduced has been a plus for us," he said.
Kennards Hire Pump & Power offers a wide range of large pumps and large generators from specialist hire centres in all mainland states.
Pumps available for hire from Kennards include:
- 300mm (12in) silenced: Maximum capacity of 350 litres per second; maximum head of 27m (based in Brisbane)
- 200mm (8in) silenced pumps have a maximum capacity of 220 litres per second and a maximum head of 64m
- 150mm (6in) silenced: Maximum capacity of 174 litres per second; maximum head of 60m
- 100mm (4in) silenced: Maximum capacity of 29 litres per second; maximum head of 105m
- 150mm (6in) and 100mm (4in) skid mounted and 150mm (6in) skid mounted, vacuum prime
- 150mm (6in) and 100mm (4in) towable contractor units
- a range of submersibles, including sludge and cutters; and
- accessories: a variety of test plugs from 100mm to 1200mm in diameter.