Fume hoods are a primary source of protection in laboratories. Face velocity measurements are often used to gauge the performance of a fume hood’s ability to contain and exhaust hazardous chemicals.
By accurately measuring face velocity and alarming on unsafe conditions, TSI’s FHM10 fume hood monitors provide a high level of fume hood safety. And, the FHM10 helps users comply with standards and regulations set forth by OSHA, NFPA, ANSI Z9.5, and SEFA, calling for monitors to be installed on fume hoods.
Applications of FHM10 fume hood monitors include research laboratories, vivariums, healthcare facilities, life science and pharmaceutical, universities and other academic institutions.
Features FHM10 fume hood monitors:
- Easy installation and calibration
- Easy configuration using keypad
- Large display provides detailed fume hood information
- Accurately measures average fume hood face velocity
- Temperature compensated sensor for accurate measurement as temperatures change in laboratories
- Visual, audible, and remote alarms warn users of unsafe conditions
- Analog output provides additional information
- Assists in managing risk by communicating fume hood status information to Building Management System (BMS)
- Seamless integration to BMS via BACnet, LonWorks, or Modbus
- Surface or flush mount options available
- Optional Flow Monitor available
FHM10 fume hood monitors are available from Kenelec Scientific .