Four large fire pump packages were recently commissioned by KSB Australia for the new CLEM 07 tunnel in Brisbane as part of their fire protection system.
The fire protection system comprising of the fire pumps was designed by Jason Ciantar and Gerard Willis from the KSB fire team in co-ordination with United Group Infrastructure Limited.
The project was a smooth transition from the design stage through supply and to the final commissioning in February 2010.
Key features of the CLEM 07 tunnel
- The CLEM 07 tunnel connects to Lutwyche Road, Inner City Bypass, Shafston Avenue, Ipswich Road, Pacific Motorway and the Airport Link (opening 2012)
- The tollway is monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by the Tollway Control Centre
- There are 2 traffic lanes in each direction
- The tollway is 6.8km in length
- The tunnel is 4.8km in length
- The lowest point of the tunnel is 60m below the Brisbane River