John Morris Scientific offers High Capacity Refrigerated Centrifuges for Blood Banks
John Morris Scientific offers a new range of high capacity refrigerated centrifuges designed for use in blood banks, clinical laboratories and high volume sedimentation applications.
Manufactured by Sigma, the 8K universal refrigerated centrifuges have a robust construction and are built for continuous use.
The high capacity centrifuges can store up to 6L in a fixed-angle rotor in addition to twelve 1-litre blood bags, six 1.5-litre blood bags or 12 blood bags in a swing-out rotor.
The 8K has a speed range of 100-10, 500rpm and generates high g-forces:
- 5 x 500ml fixed-angle rotor: Maximum of 20,460 x g
- 6 x 1000ml swing-out rotor: Maximum of 8,578 x g
Model 8K refrigerated centrifuges also feature:
- Powerful refrigeration function with an adjustable temperature range of -20ºC to +40ºC
- Standstill cooling with environment-friendly refrigerant R404a
- Maintenance-free rotor drive with high imbalance tolerance of up to 80g
- Automatic rotor identification to prevent spinning rotors from over-speeding
- Special armoured chamber surrounding the rotor chamber, reinforced lid and lock system to guarantee safe operation
- User-friendly control unit to store up to 60 programs in memory
- Electronic imbalance monitoring system
- Plain text display of information, error messages, run time and cycles count for the rotors used