Based on the miniAV viscometer model, the new miniPV-HX viscometers come with added functionality for the measurement of polymer solution viscosity.
The miniPV-HX is suitable for aggressive acids and solvents commonly used for dilute solution viscosity determination of polymers.
The miniPV-HX viscometers are integrated with Viscpro II software, which provides the determination of relative viscosity based on accurate flow time measurements to 1/100th of a second made under conditions of temperature control within 1/100th of a degree.
Reduced and inherent viscosity values can also be reported and the intrinsic viscosity can be determined by one of two single-point methods, or the more rigorous Huggins-Kraemer analysis.
The software also supports Mark-Houwink-Sakurada parameters and an optional branching factor for reporting polymer molecular weight.
Key features of miniPV-HX viscometers:
- Delivers complete automation including tube filling, cleaning and drying along with automatic flow time measurement and data logging into a standard database format
- Viscpro II software provides flexible report formatting and versatile data export functionality
- Available with an integrated auto sampler that allows an entire sequence of samples to be measured without an attending operator
- 30.5” in height with a benchtop footprint of about 40cm²
- Modular design also includes a control unit and solvent station that can be stacked to conserve workspace